POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : First render - no luck... : Re: First render - no luck... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 01:51:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First render - no luck...
From: Alain
Date: 22 Nov 2009 15:16:15
Message: <4b099c0f$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi guys!
>
> Thank you all for the assistance & feedback!  Turns out the non-functioning
> material definitions were Brazil-materials previously used in my model.  At the
> time of export the Brazil module was de-activated.
>
> I am trying to find the best combination of tools for modelling + rendering
> (photo-realistic / mechanical engineering), and in this process I have been
> testing a time-limited trial version of the Brazil renderer for Rhino, which was
> expired before I tried PR today.
>
> Now I have started wondering:
>
> Do all you experts generate your geometry in one system [without 'materials'],
> and then syntactically edit the .pov file from within the POV-Ray application?
>
> OR
>
> Do you use some other tricks to smooth the integration between your geometry
> application and POV-Ray?
>
> :-)

Usualy, I create my images in pure SDL. No modeler used, most of the time.

I've tried Wings3D and some others.

You can also use Poseray. It's a scene editor and format converter. It
can convert scenes created in many modelers and convert them for use in
POV-Ray. It can do some manipulations, like subdividing a mesh to make
it smoother.

Alain