POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D modelling in the 70's : Re: 3D modelling in the 70's Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D modelling in the 70's
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Nov 2009 12:18:13
Message: <4b097255$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> The Asteroids video game came out in 1979, so it's hard to believe
>> that it really took that much more compute time, going from 2 minutes
>> a frame to real-time, without something odd in the hardware going on.
>
> Asteroids wasn't 3D.  Even slightly.

Yes. I'm saying the actual rendering and calculating hardware was probably
already pretty fast, so there must have been something odd going on, right?
It wasn't general slowness. It was slowness particular to this problem.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Is God willing to prevent naglams, but unable?