POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : First render - no luck... : Re: First render - no luck... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First render - no luck...
From: clipka
Date: 22 Nov 2009 06:31:37
Message: <4b092119$1@news.povray.org>
cyberpunk schrieb:

> // This is where the process stops (the second line), and says 'Parse Error:
> Cannot assign uninitialized identifier':
> #include "C:/Program Files/Rhinoceros 4.0/Plug-ins/POV/materials.inc"
> #declare Object1Material = Plane (19)

Just in case you should be running into the same problem again:

> Should I add a section in the materials file like this?:
>
> #declare Object1Material = material {

No, definitely not. In the way "Plane" is used, it must be defined as a
macro. It's pretty hard to guess what should go in there, so the
Rhino-to-POV exporter should better take care of that.

Unless it's documented somewhere in Rhino (or the exporter).