POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : www.povray.org resources: remove links to Geocities : Re: It's been years.... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's been years....
From: Ken
Date: 21 Nov 2009 17:19:43
Message: <4b08677f$1@news.povray.org>
"pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote in message news:4b0837ea@news.povray.org...
> Ken wrote:
>>> There are probably hundreds of links in the collection that are now
>>> dead and obsolete. It was hard keeping the links active and up to
>>> date, even when I actively maintaining them, but the collection
>>> hasn't had any real work done to it in years. I'm sure interests
>>> have also changed and the whole collection should be trimmed down
>>> and started over.
>>>
> Is there any automated URI checking?
> Are the items listed organized data? (i.e., in a database)
>
> Might be fun to build that (or fint tune an existing one).

When I was building and maintiaining the link collection for povray.org I
had a couple of freeware applications that I used for checking link
integrity. That was sooooo long ago I've since forgotten what I was using.
I'm sure similar applications are still available. The collection was
originally built off my personal bookmarks in Netscape and Chris Cason used
my bookmarks to build the page for the povray.org site.

Ken