POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More microsoft patents : Re: More microsoft patents Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More microsoft patents
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Nov 2009 14:52:48
Message: <4b084510$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> There's no diagrams of how it goes, how it balances, etc. Basically,
> nothing you can't learn by watching a 10-second clip of someone riding
> past on a segway. That's a crappy patent too. That doesn't mean vehicles
> shouldn't get patent protection. It means the patent should disclose how
> to go about making it happen in a novel way.

You keep persisting in missing the point of what I am talking about, and
trying to equate instructions on "how" to do something, with
descriptions of "what" something is, or what it actually is. Until you
stop trying to equate the two, there is no point in arguing over why
software is the former, and not the later.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {