POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... : Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ...
From: Shay
Date: 21 Nov 2009 06:28:10
Message: <4b07ceca$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Yes-- productivity does not mean happiness. The goal is to get myself
> functioning properly. if I had been diagnosed in childhood, my life now
> would definitely be different.

Different, but not necessarily better. Don't get me wrong, I see
distraction as a destructive force in the lives of many people around
me. However, I am very focused, but wasn't even a c student. That
homework assignment you never got around to doing? I instead tossed it
in the trash on the way out of class. I never had any intention of
touching it. I was focused on other things.

When I was in grade school, I had a private desk, facing the wall and
separated from the other children, in almost every class room. I never
even earn a High School diploma (but was given one anyway), and ended up
living under a bridge shortly after my sham graduation. No distractions
under the bridge. No video games, internet, television, telephone. And
for me no drugs or alcohol. I was very focused, but not on anything that
brought me conventional success. I was focused on pushups, walking, and
writing unpublishable mini-books.

Marriage has "normalized" my life since then, but I'm not sure mine is a
life you would want. It works for me, but I'm tough enough to shrug off
the downsides. For everything that's in focus, there are a dozen that
are off the f***ing radar. A little ADD would make my life easier, but
not happier.

  -Shay