POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave? : Re: Google Wave? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Wave?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 21 Nov 2009 04:54:38
Message: <4b07b8de@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     You've not seen the original video highlighting Google Wave? They
> said it right from the first "unveiling" that the protocol will be open,
> as will most of the source code. The protocol has been out there since I
> first heard of Google Wave...

I've seen parts of it. I didn't hear it, since Flash is unable to
realize more than 1 sound outputs. The plain image didn't give out much,
while the shooting is styled fashionable and the quality is crap.

>     Yes, but it *is* possible with Google Wave. That's one of the cool
> things they claimed (and demonstrated). If you're having a conversation
> with 2-3 people, and add another one later on (or one joins later on),
> he can see the whole history.

Ah, that is something that didn't come out in the short testing. But as
I told, the system didn't work correctly. There might be more
alpha-stage problems than what it seemed.

>     Same should be true with Wave as they claimed it.

Check above, same goes here.

>     Nope. All the things you've said is what they claimed it will be
> able to handle (and a few of those things were demonstrated in that
> video). Maybe not all of it is available yet on the Beta version, though.

That sounds good, we'll see what'll grow out of it.

-Aero