POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OK, that's funny : Re: OK, that's funny Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK, that's funny
From: Invisible
Date: 20 Nov 2009 11:04:22
Message: <4b06be06$1@news.povray.org>
>> The kettle uses more power in 1 minute than my computer uses in 1,000
>> minutes ( = nearly 17 hours).
>
> Bah it's winter, both heat up your house thus saving on heating so I
> wouldn't worry :-)

Absolutely! Altough my PC heats the building more efficiently than the
kettle, for at least the following reasons:

- The water's phase change from liquid to vapour uses a large amount of
energy for a small change in temperature.

- The kettle is extensively insulated to facilitate rapid heating of the
water. My PC, on the other hand, has special fan systems especially
designed to *dissapate* heat. ;-)

I have noticed that within 30 minutes of turning my PC on, my bedroom