POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... : Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 20 Nov 2009 10:44:01
Message: <4b06b941@news.povray.org>
On 11/20/2009 8:51 AM, scott wrote:

> This is exactly like me too. I put it down to the fact that I really
> just want to see if a concept is viable or not, I have no interest in
> making some final polished project, I just need to know if I *could* do
> it. Once I've satisfied that need then I can't really be bothered to
> carry on, I'd rather be looking at something new again.

I do this sort of thing, too ... Basically a proof of concept or an
experiment. What is different is a lot of time I'll start something, get
going while it's fresh and novel to me (and thus stimulating ...) and
once the novelty of what I was doing wears off (it can be minutes, hours
or days) I drop it and find something else stimulating.

Gaming is a funny thing, an example of this was with Portal. I started
playing it, it was fun, interesting and different. I got to GladDOS and
and started to lose interest after a few attempts at getting the second
sphere. I then picked it up again when I saw something related to the
end song of the game. It was novel again.

I also tend to miss a lot of details, and have great difficulty with
reading.

--
~Mike