POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 'Accidental' isosurface : Re: 'Accidental' isosurface Server Time
18 May 2024 04:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Accidental' isosurface
From: clipka
Date: 19 Nov 2009 20:29:15
Message: <4b05f0eb$1@news.povray.org>
scott schrieb:

> The issue is that the isosurface is still made up of millions of little
> cube shaped voxels, I think the only way to improve that is to write a
> fractal-ray tracer too!  Or maybe patch POV...

... or use the "interpolate" keyword?

If you use tricubic interpolation, you may want to change your generator
program though, to output not values 0 and 255, but something like 64
and 192, as some versions of POV-Ray have bugs in the interpolation code
that may otherwise cause artifacts due to "overshoot".