POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More microsoft patents : Re: More microsoft patents Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More microsoft patents
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2009 17:46:53
Message: <4b05cadd$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Not broken, invalid as a concept. Please describe to me *anything* in
> software that isn't technically a set of instructions,

People don't patent software.

Claim 16: A computer-readable storage medium storing instructions executable
by a computing system to ....

You really need to understand that the details matter.

> No, we have this problem because, it seems, everyone arguing the cases
> has either ignored, glossed over, or blindingly failed to address, the
> "definition" of patent,

Yeah. The entire legal system involved with patents has no idea what they're
doing and can't even read the statutes or the patents themselves.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Is God willing to prevent naglams, but unable?