POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Intelligence test : Re: Intelligence test Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intelligence test
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 19 Nov 2009 15:54:32
Message: <4b05b088$1@news.povray.org>
>> In addition to this, both of these formats allow the coordinate space
>> to be arbitrarily transformed. (Cairo provides the same functionallity
>> itself as well, but PS and PDF have it natively.) So I'm not sure if
>> Cairo is using the native defaults, or transforming them to match the
>> other backends, or...?
>
> Why not just... try it out?

In the PostScript case, since Ghostscript insists on displaying every PS
file under the assumption of A4 paper, it's hard to decide where Cairo
thinks the edge of the paper is. PDF works correctly, however, and this
indicates that Cairo is indeed translating and reflecting the coordinate
system such that the origin is the top-left corner.

They could have saved me a whole heap of trouble if this were written
down somewhere. (Note that it doesn't even say what the coordinate
system is for image surfaces either...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/