POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More microsoft patents : Re: More microsoft patents Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More microsoft patents
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2009 15:25:50
Message: <4b05a9ce$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I mean, didn't Lotos 123 do this back before Windows?
>
>   Even if Microsoft itself invented the concept why would that matter?

That's what I was trying to imply - Lotus 1-2-3 was out so very long ago and
graphed data from a spreadsheet and kept it up to date. Not that it was
not-Microsoft, but it was before even Excel was around.

It turns out that it wasn't putting it *in* the spreadsheet as such. It
would be interesting to see what parts of things were already done that
they're claiming are inapplicable. You really can't tell that just from the
application or patent.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Is God willing to prevent naglams, but unable?