POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... : I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  I found the missing piece to the "me" puzzle ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Nov 2009 11:59:24
Message: <4b05796c@news.povray.org>
For years I suspected something was wrong. I never could quite nail it
down. I looked at many mental illnesses and none quite seemed to fit. I
finally looked at a description of the symptoms of ADD in an adult.

Oh... my... god... It fit me perfectly. My time in school (high IQ, a
solid C student) fit, too. It all makes sense. The daydreaming in class,
the absolute failure to do homework, the "Project graveyard" on my
computer, the utter lack of ability to actually concentrate on work if
it wasn't "sexy" enough.

So, I talked to a doctor, he had me fill out a questionnaire and
interviewed me about my childhood and how I performed in school. He
prescribed some medication, and ... it's like day and night! I cannot
believe how easy it is to stay on task, how I can be productive... How I
can choose appropriate times for leisure.

Anyway... that is, essentially more about me than anyone really wanted
to know. Now I have to force myself to eat lunch.
--
~Mike