POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Nov 2009 05:04:42
Message: <4b05183a$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'm not just talking about the call center. I'm talking about the
>> entire BT organisation. If you ever call them and get transfered to 20
>> different people, it's because nobody actually wants to help you, they
>> want to dump you on somebody else ASAP. The engineers fight over who
>> gets the "easy" jobs out of the job queue. They make up excuses for
>> why they shouldn't be the one to do the awkward jobs - "I'm too far
>> away", "I need to refuel", "I haven't had the training course for that
>> one", "I need to go to stores", etc.
>>
>> Basically it seems to be an entire organisation of loafers and
>> blame-shifters. Nice atmos...
>
> Makes it easier for the ones who actually want to get on in their career
> to get recognised then :-)

Well no, see, because the ones who are most successful at not doing any
actual work and dumping all the problems on somebody else are the ones
with the best stats, see? So they're the ones who get kept, and even
promoted. The people [like my mum] who actually do their job properly
have crap stats and eventually get fired.

The result?

...a systemic culture of work-avoiders and blame-shifters? QED.

Performance monitoring FTW!