POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Nov 2009 04:53:14
Message: <4b05158a@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> My mum, on the other hand, is one of those rare people who actually
>> wants to help the customer. Every service quality measurement they
>> have a statistic for, my mum is above target by a mile. The *only*
>> stat below target is call duration. Need I explain further?
>
> Not to me, but I guess to her manager if he shouts at her.  If I were
> your mum I would simply ask him what to do, simply say would you prefer
> me to cut off callers early in order to reach this target or carry on as
> I'm doing actually trying to solve the problem, or maybe he has another
> suggestion. Get it in writing what she should be aiming to do, as there
> doesn't seem an obvious way to meet the target *and* solve every problem
> properly.

 From what I've heard, when the managers demonstrate how to handle
calls, their call handling times exceed the limits as well. Damn
hipocrits...

>> BT seems to have an institutional culture of everybody trying to dump
>> work on other people as fast as possible. People will transfer calls
>> to totally inappropriate departments just to keep their own stats
>> looking good. The faster you transfer the call, the faster it becomes
>> "not my problem any more".
>
> Hehe, I guess if your average call duration is 502 seconds and it's near
> the end of the month you need a few 5 second "hang on while i transfer
> you" calls to get under the magic 500!

I'm not just talking about the call center. I'm talking about the entire
BT organisation. If you ever call them and get transfered to 20
different people, it's because nobody actually wants to help you, they
want to dump you on somebody else ASAP. The engineers fight over who
gets the "easy" jobs out of the job queue. They make up excuses for why
they shouldn't be the one to do the awkward jobs - "I'm too far away",
"I need to refuel", "I haven't had the training course for that one", "I
need to go to stores", etc.

Basically it seems to be an entire organisation of loafers and
blame-shifters. Nice atmos...