POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computers are fast : Re: Reminiscences of an Old Fart Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reminiscences of an Old Fart
From: scott
Date: 19 Nov 2009 04:50:57
Message: <4b051501$1@news.povray.org>
> Perhaps you mean "when your clock speed is in the kilohertz range and all
> opcodes take a deterministic number of clock cycles to fetch and execute"?
>
> Even then, it seems highly unlikely to me that anybody would actually work
> out which opcodes yield which EM intensity and somehow produce a carrier
> wave of the exact right frequency and precisely modulate its intensity...
> This would surely be a vast engineering task.

With the ARM processor it would be easy, as all the "standard" instructions
take the same time and all are 32 bits.  You can easily look up how each
part of each instruction maps to each of the 32 bits and then decide what
patterns to send.  You could even probably keep 4 or 6 bits the same (eg to
do an ADD instruction) and then just set the rest to whatever you want to
make your pattern (it would just mean random registers got added and stored
in other ones etc).

I would imagine after a bit of trial and error of different 00000111111 and
000111 type patterns you could get it working.