POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computers are fast : Re: Reminiscences of an Old Fart Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reminiscences of an Old Fart
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Nov 2009 04:44:38
Message: <4b051386$1@news.povray.org>
>> Dude, I thought this was just an urban legend! O_O
>
> Nope. When your clock speed is in the kilohertz range, it's pretty easy.

Perhaps you mean "when your clock speed is in the kilohertz range and
all opcodes take a deterministic number of clock cycles to fetch and
execute"?

Even then, it seems highly unlikely to me that anybody would actually
work out which opcodes yield which EM intensity and somehow produce a
carrier wave of the exact right frequency and precisely modulate its
intensity... This would surely be a vast engineering task.