POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: scott
Date: 19 Nov 2009 04:24:56
Message: <4b050ee8@news.povray.org>
> My mum, on the other hand, is one of those rare people who actually wants
> to help the customer. Every service quality measurement they have a
> statistic for, my mum is above target by a mile. The *only* stat below
> target is call duration. Need I explain further?

Not to me, but I guess to her manager if he shouts at her.  If I were your
mum I would simply ask him what to do, simply say would you prefer me to cut
off callers early in order to reach this target or carry on as I'm doing
actually trying to solve the problem, or maybe he has another suggestion.
Get it in writing what she should be aiming to do, as there doesn't seem an
obvious way to meet the target *and* solve every problem properly.

> BT seems to have an institutional culture of everybody trying to dump work
> on other people as fast as possible. People will transfer calls to totally
> inappropriate departments just to keep their own stats looking good. The
> faster you transfer the call, the faster it becomes "not my problem any
> more".

Hehe, I guess if your average call duration is 502 seconds and it's near the
end of the month you need a few 5 second "hang on while i transfer you"
calls to get under the magic 500!