POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools : Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools
From: clipka
Date: 19 Nov 2009 01:24:45
Message: <4b04e4ad$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:
> clipka wrote:
>> I guess that Tcl/Tk
>
> That may be a touch more than Tcl/Tk can *easily* do, but it has been
> used for a variety of high-end professional programs, so I'm sure it's
> not too rough to get out what you're looking for. Certainly Tcl is one
> of the easiest languages to find OS-level interfaces for doing things
> like grabbing the elapsed time of child processes.
>
> And of course I'd be happy to help if you run into troubles with Tcl.
> The others I don't know well enough to help you myself.

First question: How can I get Tk to use the window manager's look &
feel? A simple test script resulted in something motif-like, even though
according to Wikipedia Tcl/Tk 8 and above should use the "native" look &
feel, which in this particular case is KDE4.

Or am I missing something fundamental here?