POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools : Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tool of choice for lighteweight Linux GUI tools
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Nov 2009 00:39:45
Message: <4b04da21$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I guess that Tcl/Tk

That may be a touch more than Tcl/Tk can *easily* do, but it has been used
for a variety of high-end professional programs, so I'm sure it's not too
rough to get out what you're looking for. Certainly Tcl is one of the
easiest languages to find OS-level interfaces for doing things like grabbing
the elapsed time of child processes.

And of course I'd be happy to help if you run into troubles with Tcl. The
others I don't know well enough to help you myself.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     Is God willing to prevent naglams, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.