POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Nov 2009 18:48:25
Message: <4b0487c9$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:37:51 -0400, Saul Luizaga wrote:

> Depends, some cases are fictional so those will stay out of
> consideration but, real-life cases maybe be a good reference.

There's almost always some dramatic license taken with the cases shown in
movies or on television.  I'm a huge fan of Law & Order (the TV series),
but I hold no illusions that their presentations are very highly
dramatized for effect.  I've been in court a few times (never as a
defendant, once as an observer and twice as a prospective jurist - and I
was selected once), and it's generally fairly boring stuff that wouldn't
make good TV.  (I've also got family in the legal profession and a cousin
who works as a sheriff's deputy, and they confirm that it never really
gets that exciting in the actual courtroom).

> I wouldn't
> call it a guide since it doesn't guarantee any success but I think would
> give you an idea what to expect.

I really don't think so.  My experience is limited, but as I stated
above, it seems that dramatizations have to add stuff to make it more
entertaining.

> But since our friend here is English
> won't be much of a help, probably he knows better about legal outcomes
> in UK.

Probably, but L&O UK wouldn't be my choice as a guide, either.

Jim