POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some talented kids : Re: Some talented kids Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some talented kids
From: Shay
Date: 18 Nov 2009 14:20:15
Message: <4b0448ef$1@news.povray.org>
M_a_r_c wrote:

> That said  it is not my favourite cover by Sungha Jung.
> Have a look at his Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/jwcfree

Sounds awful. "Wonder Kid" guitar playing always does to me. Don't know
if it's something to do with the setup of the guitar for a kid's low
hand strength.

I suspect light strings and loooow action don't allow for much variation
in volume or stroke. I find a lot of the classical fingerstyle vids on
youtube impressive for a few seconds, but get bored *very* quickly.

Don't get me wrong, the kid is amazing. Just not something I can listen
to for about a minute.

Might sound a little more like this when he grows up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU

Though that's a bit noisy for my tastes. I prefer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxc544zTxI
Check out Doc's left hand strength.

Closer to what the kid's going for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsePsTEgiqU

Just because it's a favorite.
http://www.naaminis.com/discus/messages/2/2.html?1258565015
His dad's song, but an acoustic version for consistency.

  -Shay