POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Modern Linux desktops suck : Re: MS Windows Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MS Windows
From: Tim Cook
Date: 18 Nov 2009 13:24:33
Message: <4b043be1$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> A window that had gained focus didn't automatically become the top-most
> window.  This was really useful if you are trying to type something into
> a document while looking at something else.  Today I find myself
> fiddling about with resizing and moving windows unnecessarily so I can
> type while seeing some other window.

This has been hit upon a few times in this thread, and Windows can do a
stay-on-top thing...if you're using particular skins with WindowBlinds.
  Haven't really played with it in a long time, so don't know what
practical things it can do now.  Skinning apps was, for me, really just
a passing fad from around the turn o' the century.  Nowadays I'm just
concerned with the application space, not what colour the edges and
things are.  When the layout is identical, the skin on top hardly
changes much, unless it's something *really* different from the base.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net