POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:36:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Nov 2009 12:54:02
Message: <4b0434ba$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> Wait - you mean if somebody is in a contract, it's not necessarily
>>> enforcible?
>>
>> Most clauses in a contract are not laws in terms of things that are
>> illegal to do, they are just things that will get your contract
>> terminated (ie sacked) if you don't abide by them.  After you have
>> left a company obviously the contract is terminated anyway
>
> Hmm. So once you no longer work for them, they can't make you do anything!
>
>> Obviously working for a competitor is not illegal, but something like
>> telling them all the secrets from the previous company might be.
>
> Really? I didn't know that.

it is not worth it for the company to take you to court and risk loosing
then having costs awarded against them. I did it once when I was working
via an agency for Guinness, abroad. Then a couple of months later I went
to Guinness in London as a contractor directly. The agency were p*issed
off but they still considered me for other jobs.

> Hmm. So I can't write a contract that says "you have to kill Jewish
> people" and legally force anyone daft enough to sign the contract to
> actually do this?

Duh!

--

Best Regards,