POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:35:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Nov 2009 12:43:28
Message: <4b043240$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> ...except that she doesn't do that any more. She ended up in the call
> center because she was getting too old for lugging ladders and stuff
> around in all weather.

Oh. I imagine there's lots of call for call-center work, or for managemen
and training of people to pull wires and such. As long as she doesn't giv
up as easily as you do. ;-)

> Well, this is it. The call handling target *was* 500 seconds per call.
> It should be self-evident that this is completely impossible.

Not at all.

> - If somebody calls you and spends 25 minutes screaming at you about ho
> **** your company is before they will even tell you what they're callin
> about, you cannot complete the call in 500 seconds. [Yes, this is
> apparently a *daily* occurrance. Some people apparently think they're
> important or something.]

I really can't imagine why she cares, other than it takes too long. I can
't
imagine how that could bother you emotionally, to have some loonie rantin
about the company you work for.

> - If some little old lady calls you, and you have to repeat yourself si
> times before she even hears what you said properly (never mind
> understands what you're asking), you cannot complete the call in 500
> seconds.

True.

> - If you have to transfer the call to another department, and they take

> 20 minutes to pick up the phone, you cannot end in the call in 500 seco
nds.

Sure you can. Watch:   "Here, let me transfer you to the billing
department."  Then you hang up on them.

Why do you think call centers have such a bad reputation?

> Oh, you're still expected to do the  same *work*, just faster.

No, you're expected to hang up after that many seconds. "Sorry, got
disconnected."

> You're also not supposed to hang up.

Not on purpose at least.

> Apparently the only people more unreasonably than the company is the
> customers. Like the people running a business from their house. Phone
> stops working, they want 4-hour turnaround fixing it, or else £1,0
00 per
> hour for every hour they're out of service, because that's how much
> money they claim to be losing by not having a phone. But, obviously,
> these people are paying residential phone rates....... Um, yeah, nice t
ry.

It's not unreasonable to *ask*. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     Is God willing to prevent phrogams, but not able?