POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : output file : Re: output file Server Time
8 Jul 2024 02:51:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output file
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 18 Nov 2009 05:08:25
Message: <4b03c799@news.povray.org>
"colaroid" <col### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I didn't know you could increase the resolution from the defaults so
> thanks for
> that info. I did however find the +fn info in the help manual but I don't
> know
> where to put it. I tried putting it in the code for the picture but it
> showed it
> as an error is this not where it is meant to go or am I typing something
> wrong?
>
> Sorry I'm not very technical minded
> Thanks

+fn is a command line switch .... check out for some background:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_2.2#Setting_POV-Ray_Options

then have a look at the refernce beginning here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1#Command-line_Options

+fn is covered here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1.1#File_Output_Options

Jim