POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another reason why they shouldn't grant software patents : Re: Yet another reason why they shouldn't grant software patents Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another reason why they shouldn't grant software patents
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 18 Nov 2009 01:08:37
Message: <4b038f65$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/17/09 17:02, Warp wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez<nic### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>> The Optimus keyboard website still says "patents pending". There is not only
>> prior art but also a prior *patent* (filed a decade ago) about a keyboard
>> with screens on each key.
>
>    I find the whole "patent pending" thing just ridiculous. Here if you
> publish something before patenting it, you don't get the patent, period.
> Simple and effective.

	Are patents granted quickly where you are?

	I don't really know the details or the legal significance, but over
here, I view "patent pending" as a courtesy notice to all others that if
you happened to get the same bright idea after I've submitted the patent
papers, then be warned that you shouldn't try to base your business off
of it because you'll be forced to stop in a few years when I get the patent.

	Patent pending need not be simply for those who've published stuff.
It's for those who've applied for a patent and want to start creating
the product - why wait till the patent has been granted?

--
I didn't know my husband drank until one day he came home sober.