POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : output file : Re: output file Server Time
8 Jul 2024 01:52:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output file
From: Alain
Date: 17 Nov 2009 17:47:30
Message: <4b032802$1@news.povray.org>

> Thanks for all your help, I have finished my image however the output bitmap
> becomes a bit blocky when I zoom in. I have rendered it at the highest possible
> setting and it looks really good in the render window. Is there a way of
> changing the output file to fix this?
>
> Thank you

The highest setting in the drop-down is not the highest setting
possible, it's only the highest default preset.

In the text box next to the resolutions list, you can enter "command
line" switches.
You can use +wnn and +hnn to use user provided width and height for your
renders. For example, "+w3200 +h2400" will render an image at a
resolution of 3200x2400 pixels.
You can use +a0.n to set the antialiasing threshold. Smaller value will
result in smoother result, but will increase the rendering time.

You can add more resolutions: If you use the windows version, in the
menu, item "Tools", sellect "Edit resolutions INI file" and create new
sections similar to the ones already present. The part between the
square brackets "[" and "]" is what you will see in the menu. The part
under that contains the actual parameters.

If you render at a high resolution like the example, you'd be advised to
change the file format from bit-map (default under windows,
uncompressed) to PNG (lossless compressed) by using the "+fn" switch.
Otherwise, the resulting file will get prohibitively huge.

Alain