POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Nov 2009 11:32:11
Message: <4b02d00b$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Seems unlikely, she works for BT IIRC?  It's not like there aren't
>>> any other companies doing what BT do.
>>
>> Uh... yes it is?
>
> You don't have to tell me exactly which part of BT she works for, but it
> seems *really* unlikely that no other company needs those skills.

Last time I checked, BT ownes the entire telephone network. Nobody else
is allowed to touch it.

>> Trouble is, when she does eventually retire, she'll be financially
>> destitute.
>
> Doesn't she have a pension with her company?

Sure. It's just not very big.

> Working almost your entire
> life as a professional usually gets you a pretty healthy pension.

She's only worked for BT for about 15 years.

>>> My mother is a highly experienced engineer, and she earns quite a lot
>>> of money.
>> Actually, she's in an almost constant state of financial disaster
>
> The above two statements don't really add up.

I mean she earns a lot more than the other staff there. In absolute
terms it's not a big amount though.

>> Trouble is, it's all going to boil down to "we say vs they say". It's
>> not like you can *prove* that somebody shouted at you.
>
> You can prove threatening letters though

All the letter says is "this is your final warning, if your performance
statistics do not improve, you will be fired". Which is legal,
technically. (The fact that the performance targets are impossible is
another matter...)

> and you can at least show the log you've made of verbal attacks

Only if you log them. (It's a bit late to start now...)

> plus some hard evidence that the internal complaints procedure didn't work.

That could work.

> If someone witnessed the unreasonable verbal attacks then say that too.

You'd need to convince a witness to come forward.