POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: scott
Date: 17 Nov 2009 11:21:35
Message: <4b02cd8f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Seems unlikely, she works for BT IIRC?  It's not like there aren't any
>> other companies doing what BT do.
>
> Uh... yes it is?

You don't have to tell me exactly which part of BT she works for, but it
seems *really* unlikely that no other company needs those skills.

> Trouble is, when she does eventually retire, she'll be financially
> destitute.

Doesn't she have a pension with her company?  Working almost your entire
life as a professional usually gets you a pretty healthy pension.  I was
lucky to get in on my company's pension scheme just before they closed it
off (as did a lot of companies recently), so in theory if I work for 40
years with them I will get a pension that is equal to 2/3 of my final
salary, that sort of scheme seemed quite common up until recently.

>> My mother is a highly experienced engineer, and she earns quite a lot of
>> money.
> Actually, she's in an almost constant state of financial disaster

The above two statements don't really add up.

> Trouble is, it's all going to boil down to "we say vs they say". It's not
> like you can *prove* that somebody shouted at you.

You can prove threatening letters though, and you can at least show the log
you've made of verbal attacks, plus some hard evidence that the internal
complaints procedure didn't work.  If someone witnessed the unreasonable
verbal attacks then say that too.