POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : More technical WTF : Re: More technical WTF Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More technical WTF
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Nov 2009 04:33:59
Message: <4b026e07@news.povray.org>
>> Interesting. I was under the impression that it's illegal to claim a
>> product can do X when in fact it can't. Apparently not...
>
> Well, as the update proves, the product /can/...

Sure. Assuming you can figure out how to make an MS-DOS boot disk, load
the BIOS image from somewhere (not from the HD, because there aren't any
DOS drivers for the RAID controller), and reflash the BIOS. It's not a
trivial undertaking.

I'm reminded of the synthesizer I saw reviewed. The reviewer was rather
critical of the fact that 1) it crashes a lot, and 2) in order to edit
*all* of the parameters, you need to use the Mac-based editor program,
which costs additional money...