POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News : Re: World Community Grid News Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid News
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 17 Nov 2009 02:19:30
Message: <4b024e82@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> I have accounts on most projects :P
>>
>> *Currently* I run them based on what I need to test at the moment (I'm a
>> developer for a BOINC fork). But I did quite a lot of crunching for
>> WCG Dengue recently, since my country was quite affected by it.
>>
> Oh I see, so you're doing more than me and you already knew about WCG
> then, glad to know one of the BOINC developers. My Country was also
> affected by Dengue and Influenza and the WCG was the for us too, is
> reassuring :-)

I'm not one of BOINC developers. I contribute to BOINC "externally". And
last year me and two other people got fed up with the BOINC developers and
made our own derivated version ;)

> And now I have the opportunity to ask a BOINC developer to make 64-bit
> versions of the projects, the one you're working on please, with 128-bit
> floating point instructions for even faster processing. I have
> confirmation that the 32-bit version of the WCG run up to 30% faster
> just because they're running on WinXP x64. :-)

Projects are independent, and BOINC developers have no control over them.
You should ask the *project* developers to support 64-bit.