POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Iterated derivatives : Re: Iterated derivatives Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iterated derivatives
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 16 Nov 2009 19:26:17
Message: <4b01eda9$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/16/09 16:36, andrel wrote:
>> None of these seem to require knowledge of calculus. In fact, jobs
>> that *do* require such knowledge are seemingly so absurdly rare that I
>> almost find it difficult to believe they exist.
>
> So I don't exist? Nor do many of my collegues?
> I think I disagree.

	I think your job _is_ fairly rare. Even among people in technical fields.

	Does it require a PhD?

	There you go.

	Perhaps he exaggerated a bit, but to be honest, it *is* fairly hard to
get a job outside of academia that requires calculus knowledge, and
doesn't require a graduate degree (at least in the US).

	It's kind of like people who know advanced CS, and are depressed to
find almost all jobs for programmers are for code monkeys. Although I'm
sure there are some good jobs that don't require a graduate degree in CS...

--
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.