POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Iterated derivatives : Re: Iterated derivatives Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iterated derivatives
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 16 Nov 2009 19:11:06
Message: <4b01ea1a$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/16/09 10:12, Darren New wrote:
> Which just goes to show the problem I have with 90% of all matehmatical
> notation. It's so utterly inconsistent that even something like
> (f(f(x))) is ambiguous.

	I'm not a mathematician. But I took enough courses that I almost
qualified for an MS in Math (which may well be a BSc in some European
countries, but never mind...).

	I can sympathize with them. There simply aren't enough symbols floating
around to accommodate all possible uses. Heck, it's painful enough when
you're typing to be able to type all the standard symbols.

--
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.