POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A sad day for the vintage jet fighter fraternity : A sad day for the vintage jet fighter fraternity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  A sad day for the vintage jet fighter fraternity
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 16 Nov 2009 12:51:25
Message: <4b01911d@news.povray.org>
http://www.timeslive.co.za/news/local/article194296.ece

I always remember whenever I hear of such old aircraft, that they were
designed with paper, pencils, and slide rules!

Even today, the remaining Lightnings at Thunder City are apparently STILL
faster than an F-15 to 10 000 feet... says something for all those old
fuddy-duddies with their pocket protectors, eraser shields, pencils, and
their aircraft they designed on paper, by hand, with no CAD support
whatsoever.

Now I just got to get myself the +- ten thousand euros a 40 minute
supersonic flip to 50 000 feet in one of the remaining ones would cost...!
--
Stefan Viljoen