POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : blank CD-R media rot? : Re: blank CD-R media rot? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blank CD-R media rot?
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Nov 2009 11:19:58
Message: <4b017bae$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Okay, so I burned that CD-ROM image four times now

If it's a Linux image, it probably has a top-level menu option to check the
disk. This (I believe) checksums each file individually, so you'll catch
problems like the wrong files or missing files or something, even if the
disk is burned correctly.  I've had that happen once - good burn of a bad
Linux, for some reason.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)