POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting experience with Win7 and openSUSE 11.2 : Re: Interesting experience with Win7 and openSUSE 11.2 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting experience with Win7 and openSUSE 11.2
From: scott
Date: 16 Nov 2009 05:15:46
Message: <4b012652$1@news.povray.org>
> Next, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate N on the system.  On the plus side -
> the installation was FAST.  Of the three full product installs, it was
> the fastest, actually.  I think it took about the same amount of time as
> Windows 3.1 did if you took out the diskette swapping.
>
> But it failed to detect my wireless card.  I had to actually plug into
> the wired network.  Then it downloaded updates automatically and
> installed a driver for the wireless card.  OK, it did eventually work;
> but with oS 11.2, it just worked - didn't have to download anything.

Lucky for you, when I installed Win7 (it was also a 32bit -> 64bit OS
upgrade for me) it turned out the wireless card I had has a *really* crappy
website, and of course no 64bit drivers at all.  Luckily I have another
desktop PC with a wireless card from a more reputable manufacturer (which of
course advertised Win7 and 64bit compatibility on their website) so I simply
swapped them over.