POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : blank CD-R media rot? : Re: blank CD-R media rot? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blank CD-R media rot?
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 16 Nov 2009 02:36:22
Message: <4b0100f6@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Saul Luizaga schrieb:
>
>> This looks like a case of "dirty CD/DVD recorder".
>
> Pretty unlikely, given that I tried on two different machines, with one
> of the recorders being short of a year old and seldom used,

Very fine and light dust settles on the lens exactly for this kind of
use frequency.

> and the
> other being not even half a year old, and having been used successfully
> on some DVDs just recently :-)

Maybe just recently got dirty enough to stop burning correctly.

I'd recommend to open them and clean them every 2 months or so. BTW, do
you use 'compare' option on the burning software? is really a lot of help.

Cheers.