POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News : Re: World Community Grid News Server Time
8 Oct 2024 18:36:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid News
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 16 Nov 2009 00:54:44
Message: <4b00e924@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> I have it set to use 100%. It runs at the lowest process priority anyway
> (highest nice level on Unix). I don't notice any slowdown while it's
> running.

First, thank you for joining the WCG and second, for setting it at 100% :-).

You may notice a little lag when you load a few "heavy" apps. and
Alt-Tab them but if you have 2 or more cores (not Hyperthreaded) this
lag may not exist.

Remember you all: this is us helping ourselves in the most intelligent &
effective way possible; we'll tank ourselves later on.

Cheers.