POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : blank CD-R media rot? : Re: blank CD-R media rot? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blank CD-R media rot?
From: clipka
Date: 15 Nov 2009 23:00:40
Message: <4b00ce68$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson schrieb:

> 1. Some models of burners do not work well with some brands/batches of
> discs.
>
> 2. Some brands/batches of discs are simply crap.

Well, I'm using Verbatim media; I'd guess they're pretty common, and
rated at "56x" (though I guess that's for reading only), so I'd be
surprised if the burner wouldn't work with them reasonably at least at
/some/ speed (I even went as low as 1x, but ironically that's when the
burner ran into an error GnomeBaker categorized as "looks like buffer
underrun").

And as for the discs, I had used up half of the cakebox already without
any trouble.