POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations : Re: Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 15 Nov 2009 20:24:07
Message: <4b00a9b7$1@news.povray.org>
Some games require each person to have a copy, others have the ability
to share the cartridge when the players are in the same room. The back
of the boxes says either Multi-card play (each person has to have a
card) or Single-card download play.

My advice, since it is a Nintendo platform, is Mario Kart. My whole
family plays this, parents and sister, over the internet. Occasionally
with cellphones open and on speaker so we can yell at each other.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is good too. My sister and I bought it to play
when we gather on family get-togethers.

After that, it depends on the kinds of games they like. I bought a DS
for a bunch of retro RPGs that got released for the system. Lunar:
Legend and Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance were on the Gameboy Advance,
which will play on the DS and DS lite, but not the DSi. For the DS,
Chrono Trigger and Children of Mana. Stratagy games like Final Fantasy:
Tactics and Heros of Mana are fun.

NintenDogs was interesting for a little while, might be fun for kids
that don't have pets.

Phoenix Wright is fun, so is Trauma Center, but both of those might be a
little tough on the younger kids. First is a detective series, solving
murder mysteries. Second is hospital/surgery/scifi, unexplainable but fun.

The DS line can also load some emulators, to play games from other
platforms. I keep several old Nintendo and SNES games on hand for this.