POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interesting experience with Win7 and openSUSE 11.2 : Re: Interesting experience with Win7 and openSUSE 11.2 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting experience with Win7 and openSUSE 11.2
From: clipka
Date: 15 Nov 2009 18:46:33
Message: <4b0092d9@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson schrieb:

>> 	Did you try a pre 4.2 version?
>>
>> 	4.2 was supposed to be the first stable one (by their own
> standards).
>
> That's a good point, 11.2 ships with version 4.3 on it, so the suggestion
> I made as to how to enable auto-hide may not have been in an earlier
> release.

Speaking of KDE versions: I thought I might give KDE a try (after the
Gnome version that comes with Debian 5.0.3 "Lenny" turned out incapable
of providing proper XDMCP support, and looks nasty with XDM instead -
not to mention that I'm a bit worried about running it in this hybrid
mode), but the Debian KDE package version numbering puzzles me a bit:

- According to information on the Debian wiki, Lenny is supposed to use
KDE 3.5.
- The "kde" main package and a few others have version number "5:48".
- Most other pagages named "kde*" bear version numbers "4:3.5.some".
- Yet others bear version numbers "4:4.1.some" (some of them are titled
kdebase-runtime*".

Anyone have some idea how to interpret this?