POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations : Re: Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 15 Nov 2009 17:45:04
Message: <4b008470$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Reuben,

The DS game that I recommend most highly is "New Super Mario Bros DS".
It is clever, challenging and very enjoyable.  My boys who are aged 10
and 7 absolutely love it.  They are going to receive the just released
Wii version for a Christmas present.  Looks like similar game play but
with multi-player (up to 4) in the actual game levels.

NSMB-DS includes a mode where 2 players can play head to head from the
one game card.  This is in special levels rather than the full game but
they share items and themes.

Longevity is certainly there.  It is the game that we all go back to
most often.  There are several different character modes / abilities and
each level can be played in different ways depending on which of these
you have.  You change / upgrade by acquiring items and the mode carries
over from level to level.  Doing say World 3 Level 5 as 'Mini Mario' is
distinctly different from doing it in other modes.  There are lots of
secret areas to look for.

Apart from that, I would also recommend 'Tetris' and 'Super Mario 64
DS'.  The 'Brain Training' and 'Professor Layton' games are also good.
If you like fast twitch games then 'Geometry Wars: Galaxies' is great.

Have fun!