POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations : Re: Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nintendo DS Lite - game recommendations
From: stbenge
Date: 15 Nov 2009 17:34:52
Message: <4b00820c@news.povray.org>
Reuben Pearse wrote:
> Game recommendations/advice appreciated

Considering their ages, I would say Yoshi's Island is a good choice.
It's a wonderful platformer with nice graphics, many levels, easy play
on most levels, with cute, although sometimes annoying sounds. My little
brother thoroughly enjoyed the SNES version, which is very similar. On
the NDS version there are some mini games you can unlock, and there is
even an enemy museum where you can view all the enemies you have
encountered and beaten. While the game is mostly easy, to get 100% on
all the levels requires great skill, so there is a certain amount of
replay value there as well.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is fun, though it is very hard. You control the
main character with only the stylus which is gimmicky, but
well-executed. Some of the levels had me tearing my hair in frustration,
because time is not on your side. I never liked time limits of any sort.

Super Princess Peach is a game I have not played too much, but from what
I have seen it appears to be a well-made platformer more geared towards
girls than boys.

The Castlevania series is nothing short of awesome. These are action-RPG
platformers where you get to explore huge worlds. I have played both
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. POR's
soundtrack is among the best to be found anywhere and allows one to play
as both the leading hero and the leading heroine. With both games you
can acquire many items and unlock different game modes and even a sound
mode, so the replay value for these tiles is very high. The violence
level, however, may not be appropriate for young ones, depending on what
you let them be exposed to.

New Super Mario Bros. is a probably must-have for any NDS owner. Great
music, pleasing graphics and wild levels make this platformer great fun
for all ages.

Sam