POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google Wave? : Re: Google Wave? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 21:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google Wave?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 15 Nov 2009 13:00:45
Message: <4b0041cd@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     If they can deliver everything they showed in their promotional
> video, then I actually do see it as replacing email.

Except for having very browser-specific shit done. Wave doesn't work
with my Seamonkey, even though it should work with Firefox (which is
pretty much the same).

>     I don't see it being a replacement for these newsgroups, though. I
> suppose you _could_ replace them and still get all the functionality.
> Well, let's say it's a toss up.

With Wave you choose recipients, like with email. With NNTP you choose
just a "forum" and it's free for practically anyone to read if (s)he
chooses to do so. There is a major difference.

-Aero