POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Computers are fast : Re: Computers are fast Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computers are fast
From: TC
Date: 14 Nov 2009 19:31:26
Message: <4aff4bde@news.povray.org>
Well, I did not realize the code ran 1000 times. Must have skipped this when
reading the article). My mistake, sorry.

So: ashes on my head, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa ;-)

Besides, I am a veteran from those days, too. Drawing my first sine-curve on
a CRT took a really long time, 10 minutes or so.

(No, not the math did take much time: you had to fill the screen with
characters from 0-255, remap the dot-matrices of the characters into RAM,
then calculate individual points position and set the appropriate bits in
the character's 16 bytes dot-matrix. Actually the 3.5kB RAM did not suffice
to hold all characters and the BASIC program, so the lower right part of the
screen was always blank.)

Things did speed up a bit since those days. ;-)