POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Nov 2009 06:36:57
Message: <4afe9659$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Buildings don't randomly implode, they follow the laws of physics.
>>

> ....so "learning safety" means that if the building is about to explode,
> they just don't go in there? [As I originally asserted.]

Yes, but you are using emotive language and make it too dramatic. It
takes time for buildings to be destroyed and in that time a rescue can
be effected. One of the aspects of fire fighting training is to expose

the situation. No fire officer would expose his men or women to
unnecessary risk. So if a building was in imminent danger of exploding
or collapsing s/he would remove them to safety and fight the fire from a
distance. But with experience and the officers are experienced, they
would evaluate the situation before sending anyone into a blaze.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen