POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News : Re: World Community Grid News Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid News
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 13 Nov 2009 22:21:20
Message: <4afe2230$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
  > I guess I'll have to disappoint you in this respect: You're obviously
> overestimating my enthusiasm for the project, which apparently is no
> match to yours. Helping others is, as I must admit, not my primary
> motivation in life. I think I'm quite quick to lend a hand if someone
> asks for it and I'm able to, but I don't really have that boy-scout
> mindset of constantly seeking for good deeds to do.

I didn't meant it as a dedicated activity but as casual one, if you
please; nothing elaborated just comment to friends family and maybe a
forum or another newsgroup if you see it fit. If you don't is OK too,
spreading the word is always second bet to running the client, for which
I'm grateful.

> The WCG will now have my continuous support, but actually for me it was
> just a one-time thing: All I did was install the software, and now it's
> running happily in the background without me having to invest any
> further energy.

Is OK, many do it that way, few reinstall the WCG Client when they
re-install Windows/Linux/MacOS, other quit after a few months or years,
but as I wrote, any help is good help on the WCG. Anyway you're part of
a family with 267,884 members, you were one of the 186 members that
joined yesterday, you PC (Host) is part of the 831,492 Host population
and 1 of the 864 that joined yesterday, you PC is helping make 340.107
TeraFLOPS for the WCG.

Again, thank you.

> Maybe that's the wrong way to live, but I can't help it: That's just the
> way I am. So I prefer to consider it ok in its own accord.

This is the World tendency and what the World tends to turn individuals
into, is necessary to free your mind & heart to start thinking out of
the box, but sometimes is better to equate harmony with peace; is good
either way, depends on the person.

  I don't pretend to offend you with this, is just a reflexion on live
facts I've observed, being this my personal POV.