POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Swell. : Re: Swell. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swell.
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Nov 2009 15:15:12
Message: <4afdbe50$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:

> You WILL fail. Sooner or later. Somebody WILL die (they have on my watch)
> and you will just have to deal with it. The trick is doing your best,
> always, even at risk of your life, or loss of it. At least if you HAVE to
> loose a patient or your own life, loose it after putting up the a hell of
> fight and doing the best you could have done.
>
> I had to face this when I lost some friends operationally in the fire
> service. For months afterward I castigated myself, should I have done this,
> said this, done that, warned them... eventually I realized the simple fact
> was I had done my very, very best, and NOTHING I could have done more would
> have saved them.

Doesn't work.

No matter how hard you tried, there's always something you could have
tried harder, something you could have done different, if only you had
done X instead of Y, maybe they'd still be alive... No matter how much
you know, rationally, that there's nothing more you could have done, the
knowledge of "if I did X, they would still be alive" will taument you
for the rest of eternity...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/